GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
Be receptive to and enable change within the Midland Metro Alliance with the aim of reducing cost and time of construction using innovative solutions. Under the responsibility of the Alliance Director the Innovation Coordinator will assist in the development of innovation ideas submitted from employees. Specifically this involves publicising recent innovation submissions and encouraging staff to submit ideas. Enabling the development of ideas through liaising with the relevant internal and external people, departments and organisation. Along with representing the alliance at external innovation events within the combined authority.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
Check e-mail inbox and respond to innovations in a timely manner.
Develop innovation submissions so they can be presented at relevant workshops.
Develop implementation plans for approved innovations.
Liaise with all MMA parent companies innovation teams to gather ideas and implementations on other projects.
Communicate the progress and the successful implementation of innovative ideas.
Complete an executive summary to be included in the alliance program report.
Update the innovation management plan where appropriate and evidence folders of each individual
Attend all meetings both internal and external which may be of benefit to the Alliance and the development of external relationships.
Organise the assessment of ideas, through individuals, working groups or the alliance forum.
Be supportive and approachable.
• Minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree, no requirement for specific discipline. Or previous experience with innovation roles.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suites. Particularly excel and the development of macros.
Knowledge, Experience and Key Attributes
• Knowledge of digitisation and disruptive technology.
• Knowledge of MMA structure and basic understanding of Tram Construction.
• Communicating with external parties
• Excellent presentation skills
• Project management experience